- Deputy Commissioner Quiggin provided a video statement to the UN Human Rights Council. AHRC: View
- Preliminary report released on competition and informed user choice in the human services. PC: More
- Policy brief on the effects of parenting programs: Campbell Collaboration: More
- The importance of mood and the role of the brain in shaping it. The Conversation: More
- Webinar 25 Oct, Children's behaviour: sharing what we learn with families. KidsMatter : More
- Free webinar 24 Oct: Elder abuse: Recent research and effective responses. AIFS: More
- Creating Capacity: Support for Adult Siblings project, funded by NDIS: Siblings Australia: More
- That's what happened to me. It's got to stop. Simon Gardiner's post on institutional child abuse. F&C: More
- The economic costs of child abuse and neglect. CFCA Resource Sheet. AIFS: More
- New interactive website for children to learn about rights and responsibilities. AHRC: More
- Inclusive Organisations, a strategy guide to engage youth from migrant/refugee backgrounds. CMY: More
- Guidelines for practitioners and clinicians in the sexual assault and alcohol, other drug sectors. ANROWS: More
GRANTS & TENDERS
- Tenders for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander welfare services close 21 October. QLD Govt: More
- VIC only grants for organisations that promote literacy. Closes 31 Oct. Readings Foundation: More
- NSW only grant, Help for Aboriginal organisations to build capacity to deliver the NDIS. ADHC: More
- Records Access Documentation grants for orgs to document records relating to care leavers.F&C: More
SURVEYS & RESEARCH PARTICIPATION
Breckenridge, J and Flax, G (2016). Service and support needs of specific population groups that have experienced child sexual abuse, Sydney: Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse.
Comber, B. (2016). Poverty, place and pedagogy in education: research stories from front-line workers. The Australian Educational Researcher, September 2016, Volume 43, Issue 4, pp 393–417.
Proeve, M, Malvaso,C and DelFabbro, P (2016). Evidence and frameworks for understanding perpetrators of institutional child sexual abuse: a report commissioned and funded by the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse.
Quadara, A, Stathopoulos, M and Carson, R (2016). Family relationships and the disclosure of institutional child sexual abuse. Sydney: Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse.
CONFERENCES, EVENTS & TRAINING
SAVE THE DATE
5th Child Aware Approaches Conference
Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre
15-16 May 2017
Children & young people to feature in research event hosted by
the Royal Commission into Child Sexual Abuse
Sydney: 28 October
Free registration: More
FRSA National Conference 2016
Measuring Success in the Family and Relationship Sector
for the wellbeing of children, families and communities
29 Nov – 1 Dec 2016
National Convention Centre Canberra: More
MENTAL HEALTH SUPER SUMMIT
Online: 6-23 October
You decide what you pay. Proceeds to charity.
Mental Health Academy and Act for Kids: More